Carnival de Nice
Have you ever seen 100,000 flowers falling from the sky?
See the ‘Event Extras’ for all the trip info
In twenty-four hours you can be showered in flowers, watch fireworks light up the Baie des Anges and witness a giant King catch fire and turn to ashes. Welcome to
Carnival de Nice
Carnival de Nice, where imaginations run wild and costumes grant you free entry. As one of the largest and oldest carnivals in the world, the carnival lives up to its grand reputation.
For witnessing the Nice Carnival you’ll need a ticket. Most tickets cost 12€ and 5€ for children between the ages 6-10. Children from 0-6 the entrance to the carnival is free.
If you’re considering Slovenia as your February travel destination, then discover the bizzare Kurentovanje Carnival in Ptuj.
What you will see in the Nice Carnival
Every year, as the winter turns to spring, Nice throws their annual Carnival party on the French Riviera. In 2019, from February 16’th to March 2’rd, you’ll see Floats, fireworks, light displays, and a Ferris wheel are just a few of the events that bring in over one million attendees per year.
The carnival is an age-old tradition that marks the end of the winter and the start of spring. It was originally a way for the French to indulge before Lent but the tradition lives on.
The Carnival de Nice shuts down the Promenade des Anglais and lines the French Riviera. Couples, families and solo travelers should come with open arms and give a chance to celebrate the change of season with the people of France.
At the Carnival de Nice you can experience:
- The Flower Parades. As the opening event, the flower parade is one of the most popular experiences of the carnival. One hundred thousand locally sourced flowers are tossed from the exquisite float as it passes through the Promenade des Anglais.
- The Parade of Lights. On Tuesday and Saturday nights the Nice sky lights up with a memorable light show at the Place Massena.
- Dejeuner “Vira La Roda”. How about lunch with a view? Enjoy lunch on the Ferris wheel overlooking the French Riviera.
- Burning of the King. The final event of the carnival is a long-standing tradition. Attendees watch the infamous King of Carnival catch on fire and light the night sky followed by a firework display over the Baie des Anges.
- 5 Local food and handmade souvenirs. The parade routes are lined with local vendor stalls selling classic Carnival treats, fabrics and memorabilia.
So Why Carnival de Nice?
The Nice Carnival offers a new experience every year by choosing a theme and inviting floats and guests to use their creativity to make it come to life. Past themes include King of Media, King of Music and King of Energy. 2018 is the year of the King of Space.
There is potential for Carnival de Nice to be one of the most elaborate annual celebrations in the world and There is only one place where it rains flowers and fireworks can light up the French Riviera. Luckily, the people of Nice are inviting everybody to come indulge, dance and celebrate with them.
Join the party and watch one hundred thousand flowers fall from the sky in Nice, France.